Keeping Dashboard Widgets on the Desktop a lá Konfabulator

not a bad little program, doesnt eat up CPU usage, though it does use about 30MB of real memory (is that a lot?).

depends. if you have 64mb of ram, it'll kill you. then again, if you are using that much, you can't use macOS X

i have 1gb of ram. 30mb is nothing. photoshop uses 200mb, safari 90mb, dvd player 70mb

Amnesty is a nice idea... just like konfabulator basically. But all the widgets stay in the foreground, and that's pretty annoying.

Any fix to that yet?

Yeah, ctrl-click the widgets and change the behaviour. :p (RTFM.)

On 10.4.1 beta, it seems that the weather widget kills Amnesty when trying to access info from the 'net, btw.

Oh, reading their site, it could be that weather crashing Amnesty could be due to it not getting data from the 'net in time. Hmm... Will test when I'm back on normal bandwidth. ;) For now, I've got a nice clock on the desktop (unclickable, very nice...).

TeeboAccrete said:
Amnesty is a nice idea... just like konfabulator basically. But all the widgets stay in the foreground, and that's pretty annoying.

Any fix to that yet?

you can change that by right clicking on the widget+modify apareance+change it from floating to Desktop........

that's it :D

Back