Kensington Mouses

Joseph Spiros

Software Engineer
Anyone know If kensington or anybody else has released a Mouseworks-style driver/app for OS X? It would be cool if someone did, since I won a Mouse-in-a-box Optical Pro today from a contest done by the college (so happy!), shaving off 50 dollars that i would use on a MS Intellimouse Pro for my comp.

Or just go to www.kensington.com and download it. I am running a Mouse In A Box Optical on my G4 at work. One thing, though. The Kensington MouseWare for OS X is very limited in function right now. I asked them why and they said they wanted to get the drivers out asap, and will be adding the full functionality soon. I hope very soon. I need to assign past to the middle button. :)

Now if those boneheads at Logitech would get OS X software out soon, it would be nice.

-Ken

By the way hazmat, how do you assign your past to the middle button!!!!:p

(Don't look back in anger!)

I wish I had some way of programming the middle (scroll-wheel) button in OS X, on my MacAlly iOptiNet Mouse. I love the already-there right-clicking, and the scroll-wheel support is there more or less, but what about the actual button that is the scroll wheel? It's sold as a three-button mouse for a reaso- like most scroll wheels, you can click as well as scroll w/ it. But when I click mine, nothing ever happens. I wish it could just do something, but I'm not yet knowledgeable in the ways of programming that kind of stuff.

Originally posted by sheepguy42
I wish I had some way of programming the middle (scroll-wheel) button in OS X, on my MacAlly iOptiNet Mouse. I love the already-there right-clicking, and the scroll-wheel support is there more or less, but what about the actual button that is the scroll wheel? It's sold as a three-button mouse for a reaso- like most scroll wheels, you can click as well as scroll w/ it. But when I click mine, nothing ever happens. I wish it could just do something, but I'm not yet knowledgeable in the ways of programming that kind of stuff.

That would be through the drivers from MacAlly. I guess they don't have OS X drivers yet? When they do, I would expect you to assign whatever you want to the wheel click.

Kensington's OS X driver is pretty effing good already! I'm using the Mouse-in-a-Box Optical Pro, and can program all 5 buttons (counting clicking the scrollwheel button). And the latest driver release allows two chording set-ups (clicking 2 buttons at once for yet more commands). IIRC, the functions that are not yet implemented are launching URLs and the like. But Kensington already beats any other input device drivers for OS X by far!

:D :D :D

Originally posted by genghiscohen
Kensington's OS X driver is pretty effing good already! I'm using the Mouse-in-a-Box Optical Pro, and can program all 5 buttons (counting clicking the scrollwheel button). And the latest driver release allows two chording set-ups (clicking 2 buttons at once for yet more commands). IIRC, the functions that are not yet implemented are launching URLs and the like. But Kensington already beats any other input device drivers for OS X by far!

:D :D :D

Yes, it is good, but they are still missing a lot of functionality. All I want is paste or command-v assigned to the wheel click.

Originally posted by genghiscohen
Kensington's OS X driver is pretty effing good already! I'm using the Mouse-in-a-Box Optical Pro, and can program all 5 buttons (counting clicking the scrollwheel button).

Yes, and I got a Optical Pro FO FREE! :-D hahahaha nahnahnahnahnah

:) Well thanks, I'm glad they have it :-D

Back