Kernel Panic AGAIN on 7b85

bookem

danno
Got this on booting from the cd on 7b80 also:

Unable to find driver for this platform: PowerBook 4,3.

Sureley this can't be the GM?

Bad burn, I guess? I've had the message on 7B80 on first boot but not on second. Try again. Maybe: Burn again at 4x or sumthin'.

I got that one some builds when I burned to a CD-RW and booted from either my internal CD/DVD or my FireWire external CD-RW (I can't recall). I re-burned onto a CD-R and booted from the other (holding "C". This build also didn't like the app on the CD for restarting).

This is on booting from the internal drive on my iBook. I've tried holding down c & option on bootup - same message. I burned at 2x and 4x which didn't help.

re-downloading the image now. Strange how i got this on 7b80 as well though

:confused:

Hmm..... downloaded the image again, and it worked. Must have been a corrupt image, even though the checksum veerified okay.

6 minutes left :eek:

I have said in a diffrent post that this is not GM, i have a scorce that tells me this just aint it. Apple have internal builds right up to 7C. i ahve 7b85 on my 867 Ti, and i had 1 kp already. :( :(

Originally posted by bookem
Hmm..... downloaded the image again, and it worked. Must have been a corrupt image, even though the checksum veerified okay.

6 minutes left :eek:

7B85 is GM whether you believe it or not. You'll find out when you open the retail box I am sure you are buying. The 7C** builds are a new branch of the development tree and are for 10.3.1. Why would they jump from 7B85 to 7C** for 10.3? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mrjinglesusa
7B85 is GM whether you believe it or not. You'll find out when you open the retail box I am sure you are buying. The 7C** builds are a new branch of the development tree and are for 10.3.1. Why would they jump from 7B85 to 7C** for 10.3? :rolleyes:

So what happened to the RC process? Why have there been no releases to developers for over two weeks?

Network file copying seems unreliable to me in this build, but maybe that's the way they like it at Apple.

Originally posted by bookem
So what happened to the RC process? Why have there been no releases to developers for over two weeks?

Network file copying seems unreliable to me in this build, but maybe that's the way they like it at Apple.

Because EVERY build released to ADC has been leaked to the public (i.e. BitTorrent). Apple want people to BUY Panther, not DL it from other sources. Apparently the leak is from within Apple which is why 7B85 (GM) was leaked. Notice there have been no leaks of other builds since then? There is a guy over at MacNN who has stated the GM builds of every OS X release (10.0, 10.1, 10.2) accurately everytime. He says 7B85 is GM and with his track record I believe him.

Back