Kernel Panic, Please Help Me!!!

3mors

HampCake Studios
I have a new PowerMac G4 1GHz dual.
This morning I started up this machine and a kernel panic message appeared.

I tried to reboot, but it didn't work.

I ran Apple Hardware Test, but it showed me no problems.

Then I ran Jaguar original CD to use disk utility, but another kernel panic message appeared.

This is the kernel panic message:

System Failure: cpu=1; code=00000001 (Corrupt Stack)
Latest crash info for cpu 1:
Exception state (sv=0x218F4280)

Kernel Version 6 ...

What to do?
Please help me!!!

After having used Drive 10 to try to repair the disk, I decided to reinstall Jaguar.

I put Jaguar CD on the drive, hold down C, but the system is blocked on gray apple screen.

So by using the mac in firewire mode, I formatted the hd from another mac.

Same situation:
I put Jaguar CD on the drive, hold down C, but the system is blocked on gray apple screen, but in place of the apple there's a circle with a diagonal line inside.

What is it???

Please help me!!

That is the 'not able to find a bootable volume' symbol.

Try rebooting with the Jag Disk 1 in but before you boot from the cd, reset the PRAM by holding down CMD+Opt+P+R and letting the computer chime 3 times.

After the 3rd chime hold the C down to try booting from the CD.

Already done.
I tried to reset PRAM and also mother board.

Kernel panic message appears while booting from jaguar original cd.

Corrupt stack from cpu 0.

It's a bad bad bad situation :( :( :(

maybe cpu0 is fubar.

If it is brand new and less than a year old (and/or you have applecare, call applecare or take it to an authozed service center. about 1.5 yrs. ago i was having some funky issues with my PowerBook Prismo and I had to send back to apple twice to have the processor replaced. it was all under warranty and the send a next-day airborne express box to me to send it back.

hmmm....another thought: are the porcs og the dual g4's ziffed in? maybe pull cpu0 out (not sure which proc is cpu0) and then try it. keep in mind that I am just taking a stab in the dark here. i have never done this before and don't have any idea what effect it may have on your machine...

Last time I saw this kind of comportement, it was the memory. If you have several memory elements (sorry, I don't know the english word for this), try to start your computer with only one. If it still crashes, try another one.
Better : ask a friend to lend you his memory.

This kind of problem caused panics on a friend's ibook under OSX, and on a NetBSD server ... I won't be surprised if it was that again !

I hope this can help

Originally posted by holmBrew
maybe cpu0 is fubar.

If it is brand new and less than a year old (and/or you have applecare, call applecare or take it to an authozed service center. about 1.5 yrs. ago i was having some funky issues with my PowerBook Prismo and I had to send back to apple twice to have the processor replaced. it was all under warranty and the send a next-day airborne express box to me to send it back.

hmmm....another thought: are the porcs og the dual g4's ziffed in? maybe pull cpu0 out (not sure which proc is cpu0) and then try it. keep in mind that I am just taking a stab in the dark here. i have never done this before and don't have any idea what effect it may have on your machine...

I believe both processors are on the same daughter card. either both are plugged in or their not. I wouldn't belive this would be the problem.
Although, like you said, it is a possibility.

I say make a call to 800 SOS APPLE :D

Yes, both cpus r on the same card.

And I have only 512MB memory block, so I can't test with others.

I don't want to try to remove cpu, I could make something wrong, so warranty will not be available anymore...

I call apple store.

Thanks for your help.

Back