kernel panicks after security updates?

mariangels

Registered
Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody out there has had any problems of kernel panics (like KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE) after the latest security updates or any other recent update (of the last month). (Or strange crashes with simple programs like Help Viewer, say)

and well, whether anybody managed to sort it out.

thanks a lot

Hi Mari

Did they start to occur exactly after the last or last 2 or 3 or so security updates?
Did you have any kernel panics or more frequent crashes before those?
Have you installed any new software or started to use or installed any new hardware either just before it started to occur?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply, Giagura.
So my computer was being repaired for over one month, so last Wednesday I got the two latest security updates, latest QuickTime, iTunes, some Airport software and I think that's it.

I had run the program which gave the kernel panic three days before, without any problem (it ran really fast and nicely).

And what's best, or worse, is that I've managed to reproduce the error in a G5 in my lab (mine is a G4 powerbook). The G5 doesn't have the last security update nor the airport software...

So I think the penultimate security update (or sth with permissions when installing QuickTime or iTunes) has changed the bits of memory which can be used or addressed...

Just in case, this program runs perfectly in other non Mac OS X computers.

Well, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

mariangels

Back