@-key in German OS X

mama

Registered
Has anyone ever tried/managed to locate the key for the good old @ in German OS X? I can't find it, maybe I'm just blind...

Well in my Swedish environment i had the exact same kind of problem. The solution seems to be some kinda PC'fide. The '@' is found by typing ALT+2. Heard something atbout the new fullsize keyboard that Apple has released with the Cube should have the '@' placed there, have not verified that however...

Thanks for the advice, guys. Neither works out, though. I did check with KeyCaps but didn't find it, and I tried both your tips. Under OS 9 the @ is at alt-shift-1. I guess they simply forgot under OS X.

Sigh.

No, they didnt forget it. It's option and "L".

Originally posted by mama
Thanks for the advice, guys. Neither works out, though. I did check with KeyCaps but didn't find it, and I tried both your tips. Under OS 9 the @ is at alt-shift-1. I guess they simply forgot under OS X.

Sigh.

Thanks, tencars! There it is indeed. I wonder if there's some sense in placing it there or if it's simply a question of available space.

Anyway, thanks for helping me out!

Well, if you just think of the @ as a "location" then in makes sense. dont know if this is the official explanation, but it works... at least i can remember where it is..

Back