keyboard and mouse randomly unrecognize and then re-recognize.

mooiemcmoo

Registered
Hi,

i have installed boot camp on my apple mac and installed windows XP pro on as well. All works fine apart from a handful of minor problems. When I am using the windows xp side the mouse and keyboard randomly un-connect them selfs. By this i mean that window plays 2 sounds of disconnection and the keyboard and mouse stop working and then they reconnect without me doing anything. I have checked if there is a loose connection and there doesn't seem to be. Any ideas on fixing this.

Thanks

PS also when i installed windows xp the sleep feature wouldn't work on the mac side. Whenever i pressed sleep it would shut down. Any ideas on that?

Did you finish installing the boot camp drivers on that Windows installation?
Are you using XP with SP 2 or 3?
Ater the isconnection, what is reported in Windows event logs for the reason of disconnection?

run >
compmgmt.msc
and in that look at system events, there should be warnings and errors when the keyboard gets unrecognized and recognized again.

strangly i managed to resolve this problem, i bought the apple ultra thin keyboard! All the problems of disconnection have gone. However the old keyobard never used to play up on the apple side so i don't know why this new keyboard stops the problems. Annoyingly the volume keys and stuff dont work on the windows side because windows treats them as "F" keys (like F11 or F10). oh well.

Thanks for all your help, i really am very greatful.

Nick

Annoyingly the volume keys and stuff dont work on the windows side because windows treats them as "F" keys (like F11 or F10). oh well.

Did you install the drivers from your Leopard DVD? That should fix the problem (and probably the problem you had with your other keyboard as well).

i installed the drivers from bootcamp when i first used windows. However ii used boot camp 1.3b as i am still using Tiger!
Thats probably why.
Also on my ultra thin keyboard (my newly purchased one) the eject and volume buttons arn't working, probably becuase bootcamp 1.3b installed the old drivers.

Do you know where i can get the new ultra thin keyobard drivers from?

Thanks loads
Nick

Back