Keyboard and Trackpad in iBook not working

cellfish

Depressed as hell
I recently changed the screen on my iBook and since then, the keyboard and the trackpad are not functional. What could have caused it (I might have broken something, lemme know if I did)?

Andre

Hi Andre,

keyboard is not functional? are some keys working badly always, or any casually, or none at all? and the same with trackpad - how does it manifest? are both clean or could they have e.g. dust on them? can you try to switch to another keyboard of ibook to see if that works (in case you have another of them lying around)?
did you change the screen yourself or had it done at apple's somewhere?

What was wrong with your old screen that caused you to change it? What about your keyboard & trackpad? Was there anything wrong before? Do you still have the old screen, and would it be possible to put it back on and test it?

If you changed the screen, what did you have to take apart? You might need to open it up and check all the connections to all those wires.

If Apple or another tech did this for you, take it back and make him/her fix it.

The iBook LCD was scratched so I got a new one since it was very distracting. I already tried the other screen again and I get the same problem. Actually, I tried it today and the keyboard works, but the trackpad doesn't. While it's booting, the Apple logo doesn't show (it remains black) but it boots into the system anyway, once it's in the system it goes to sleep. When I type on the keyboard, the sleep light goes away, but it doesn't go back into the system to do anything (it remains black).

Any ideas?

Andre

Back