Keyboard gone crazy thanks to my cat

livioval

Registered
I was working on my PowerBoog G4 with Mac OS 10.4.4 when my cat walked over the keyboard. He has done it other times, but usually she simply typed something. This time the problem is much worst.

When I press a key I get random caharacters, many times numbers. I tried to restart, but did not help. Lucky I had an extra keyboard I am usung now to login and do something.

Any idea?

Thanks

Some key might be stuck... I'd try to clean it intensively. Are some keys sticky?

That was my first thought, nut no, it doesn't look like. I would anyway try to open the keyboard, and I am looking for an exploded view to see how to open it

My Apple Bluetooth keyboard did the same thing last week (minus the pussy), after I changed the batteries.

No matter what I did it still acted strange. In the end I got a little frustrated and gave it a whack.

After that it worked perfectly.

It was probably a stuck key I guess.

livioval said:
That was my first thought, nut no, it doesn't look like. I would anyway try to open the keyboard, and I am looking for an exploded view to see how to open it
It's not easy to open up the keyboard on a Powerbook.

http://www.pbfixit.com/Guide/

It does sound like a stuck key. I'd give them all a good repetitive workout before trying to open it up.

Yes, I found the solution! My son, who also has two cats, had the same problem: the cat had simply stepped over the key of the block of the numerical pad...

So that you know, should it happen to you!

Thanks for who has helped me!

Back