Keyboard Recommendations?

Sparrowhawk

Registered
I own an eMac (my first one) and overall, I'm extremely pleased with the machine. However, the fancy-appearing keyboard leaves much to be desired, and I'm looking for a new one. The Matias tactile pro keyboard looks promising, as does the Kensington, but I would be interested in everyone's opinion as to which keyboard has the best "feel." I'm not interested in bells and whistles, just basic utility and keyboard keys striking quality for long sessions on my word processor. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Sparrowhawk.

You are best to tell what keyboard has the best feel - for you. For example I prefer Microsoft's Natural Keyboard, but I know several who claim they cannot even type with it.

The Mathias Tactile Pro has that old fashioned super snappy loud click keyboard action. Do you remember the best computer keyboards from the 80s? Clack, clack, clack. Heavy duty and excellent feel, but loud.

If that's what you want, get the Tactile Pro. If you want a newer-type keyboard, get a Logitech or Microsoft that is designed for the Mac. You could also use a Windows keyboard, but the Windows key is in a slightly different position than the command key on a Mac keyboard. It is possible to configure the Mac to switch the keys around (in System Preferences>Keyboard>Modifier Keys (button) under 10.5 and 10.6 for sure.

Bot

Back