keychain moodiness ... arrrgh!

tinroots

Registered
My keychain passwords and logins don't work... Or rather work completely randomly!!! Why is that?!
I just reinstalled (clean install, not a fresh reinstall) 10.4.6 and many things are soooo much better, but this hasn't resolved the keychain poopie moodiness. (it was present before, but not nearly as much) I have cleaned and repaired my permissions, I have reset the keychain and rebuilt every one, I have run the keychain maintenance, I don't know what else to do!
It occurs MOST especially in Mail. Practically every third check, Mail doesn't remember my passwords, which never change for my email server. And every-time I ask it to keep in keychain and every-time it doesn't remember it! Random websites will it fill in my account and password, and I have gone to re-do them. It doesn't come up much anymore asking to remember them. It's very very very frustrating. Not life threatening obviously, but really frustrating.
Has anyone experienced this? I am very much wanting to use a new email program, any email app suggestions?? (for a poor artist/student)
Any suggestions as how to fix it?

I am running 10.4.6 on an ibook powerpc G4 1.42, and the accompanying Mail; which all of my system is updated with the latest little updates. I use Camino 1.0.1.
My preferences say to use the keychain, always... thanks for any thoughts!

Not sure if this will help you, (as from your post it sounds like you've done a new install...) but you may want to try deleting the keychain from your user library. (users/*yourname*/Library/Keychains) put the "login.keychain" file in the trash (don't delete it yet) and see if the problem persists.

Back