Keychain Not remembering

jwennet

Registered
Greetings,

Keychain on my G4 PB is not remembering any of my passwords for mail, entourage, iChat, Safari, and some other stuff that's slipping my mind at the moment.

Anyone know what may be causing it to "not remember" passwords and user names, even when I'm promted to have it saved to the keychain, or have a remember password option?

Thanks,

J

Hm..
Try to repair keychain. That usually fixes it.
Open Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities) and in that, Keychain Access menu has the option for repair, then give your account password and select the Repair option.

Thanks G.

Tried that to no avail. Went in and trashed the prefs, and the keychains themselves.

Basically started from scratch- seems to be working.

Thanks for replying.

J

I'm glad that the Keychain method now works as it should. I've only just noticed this thread, but I had a similar issue a long time ago.

I had imported my keychain files, manually, from an older system setup. What had happened was that I ended up with two keychains (accounts, not programs etc.) by mistake. I had tried trashing the plist files, but this did not help.

In the end, what I did was choose the keychain I wanted to use and selected a menu option, which was something like "Make default keychain." After that, I never had any more problems!

Back