Keynote 1.1 not working on Tiger

dtruett1

Registered
OK, so I haven't used it in 3 years. Now that I need it, it starts loading themes, then tells me to quit. A search on Apple's support site said to upgrade to 1.1.1 When I try to do that it tells me that Keynote isn't installed. I'm pretty sure it was part of the iLife package when it was free, not a trial version, but then I've been wrong about this stuff before. Actually, I have some recollection of my school district purchasing a district license. I may have installed from that, but don't have the original discs. In any case...
Keynote 1.1 may be on one of my disc sets, but I'm not sure where to look, as I have sets for 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3 in addition to Tiger. I'd buy the 2.0.2 version that came with iWork, but I have no use for Pages and I'd only use it a couple of times a year, like this week at Back to School Night. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure it was part of the iLife package when it was free, not a trial version, but then I've been wrong about this stuff before.

No. Keynote 1.x was only ever sold as a standalone product. Keynote 2.x is part of the iWork '05 package. Neither version was ever shipped as standard software on the image, OS or iLife discs. Most likely you got it from your school district.

What I would check, though, is that Keynote is installed in the /Applications/ folder, and not anywhere else. If it isn't found here, the 1.1.1 updater will fail with that same error.

Yep, it is in the apps folder. I do know that it was working at one point and now it's not. If it wasn't a trial version, of which I am fairly certain, then it should be able to update.

Back