Keynote Broadcast

Highlights so far...
* A Gore-Tex material jacket that hold the iPod with a remote for changing tracks on the sleeve.
* 85 million Americans now live within 1.5 miles of an Apple Retail store.
* 5 million active users currently using Mac OS X
* 9-10 million users expected in 2003
* Office deal for $199 will be extended to April
* Pro Tools will start shipping
...thats is so far!

I have been trying to connect to the keynote for about 30 mins... would not work at all on my powerbook... Just had an idea and tried it on my pc... works perfectly. What the hell. Both computers use the same internet connection. This is stupid.

Originally posted by JimNoble
Timeouts here too.

Does the stream use a non-standard port that I need to enable on the firewall?

Jim

Ah! It does. Quick fix is to switch the transport to http...

Jim

Originally posted by andrewhicks
I cant get the stream behind our firewall.

I had the same problem, but I changed my preferences to that I used HTTP instead of UDP and it started working. I'd suggest giving that a try.

Yea, it is bad, i'm on a T1 or T3, campus network, but it is lunch time, so yea, I think we are saturated, the audio never dropped like this before.

Have switched to HTTP and put in the port of our proxy server, but this does not work for any streams. Can only watch movie trailers not live streams.

We have beefed up security lately though, so maybe there is something else going on.

Man this stream is straight @$$, I hope they replay it later. Keep seeing a lot of artifacts and the picture freezes... audio is good... but I want to see the pretty pictures!:D

I switched to HTTP in the prefs, went back to apple, and linked back to the show. I went from .47 fps to 15fps with perfect sound!!!

thanks for the tip

Back