Keynote Coverage

Cat

Registered
Apparently nobody is providing feedback on the spot from Paris ...

Up to now it seems to be quite boring:

G5 recap, nothing new...
Panther preview, nothing new...

Everybody is beating the PowerBook drum. Let's see what happens.

Bingo! :D

New 12" PowerBook: 1GHz with 512k Cache, $1599 Euro. GeForce fx go, usb 2.0. Both available today. $1799 Euro 12"/Superdrive. Yes, they all have the 7457 Chip.
- New 17" PowerBook: 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM Max, $2999 Euro. Mobility Radeon 9600. 2x Superdrive.

New 15" PowerBook: Aluminum. Slot Loading Drive. Backlit Keyboard. 15.2" TFT. 1.25GHz, G4. Up to 2GB DDR RAM 333MHz. Radeon Mobility, DVI, FW800, 2 USB, Airport Extreme. $1999 Combodrive model. Superdrive for $2499. One config has 1GHz, 60GB, 256MB.

"One more thing:" Wireless keyboard and mouse based on bluetooth. Adaptive frequency hopping reduces interference, 128-bit encryption. "Great for offices and classrooms full of these things." $59 each.

Nice! :)

Shit. They cost 79€ each. Means: We pay almost double the US price with current currency exch. rates... :/

I'm at the Expo with ksv, we're in the press room. All info is going to MacNN, you should check. We have video taped Keynote, pictures, but the connec is slow. Ask any questions at francoisbriatte@yahoo.fr

Be back soon, see you ! I was interviewed by a famous French newspaper and talked on this forum, the guy was enthusiastic :p

1 euro = 1.12 dollars..
therefore 59 dollars = 52 euros
and it costs 79 euros...
i think 60 euros would be logical .. but 79 euros ?? cummon...
this is the only thing i hate bout apple; its prices in Europe!!!

That is what we were told. Euro prices and dollar prices are the same.

Eg. 17" PB is $2999 as well as €2999.

and Cat is right, I just checked it. Wireless devices prices differ in euros and dollars.

Gia, fryke, any forum people at the Expo, if you read me, please mail me ! francoisbriatte@yahoo.fr for an interview, or simply fun. Fryke, I oughta buy your book :)

fryke, in US in most places you pay 9 - 10 % more than the list price because of the sales tax. so it's not that much double yet.

Originally posted by Giaguara
fryke, in US in most places you pay 9 - 10 % more than the list price because of the sales tax. so it's not that much double yet.

And in Canada you pay USD*~1.6*1.15:mad:

Back