KEYNOTE questions...

iCam

Registered
Hi Everyone!

This is the first MAC support website I've ever registered in, so I apologize if I am asking a question that was already answered somewhere (please redirect me if this is so). I've already tried doing a search on my topic, but haven't had success (possibly my poor search techniques). :) Just fyi, I've got a Powerbook G4 (bought about 4.5 years ago).

Question 1 - I have completed a keynote presentation, however I want to time my presentation without manually using a stopwatch. Yet I cannot seem to find any function that will either a) give me an exact timing of my presentation, or b) give me the playing time for specific slides (i.e. how long is it from slide 1 to 28?). Where could I find a function like this?

Question 2 - I can loop a song for the entire document, or use an audio file for a single slide only. But is there a way to have a song play up to a certain slide, and then switch to a different audio file for the rest of the presentation?

Thank you!!!!!

Hi iCam & Welcome to the forums :)

Have you tried this:

You can rehearse a slideshow to review presenter notes and fine-tune the timing of your presentation.

To rehearse your presentation:

• Choose View > Rehearse Slideshow.
  • Rehearsal view shows two slides at a time: the current slide and the next slide. The clock beneath the current slide shows the time of day. The clock below the next slide shows time elapsed since you started playing the show.

If your presenter notes don't appear, choose:

Keynote ~> Preferences ~> Presenter Display​
, and select Notes.

Thanks, VirtualTracy!

I went through the steps you suggested, but under View I do not have the option of Rehearse Slideshow. But I was able to go through Preferences and then Presenter Display, but when the screen showed up to show me current slide, next slide, and the elasped time, the slides were blank and nothing was moving or playing or timing (or is this purely just for editing?).

I tried doing a Help search in terms or rehearsal, but nothing has shown up related to my question.

Any other suggestions? :)

Back