Killing Bookmark Auto-Fill in Safari

Sogni

*gone*
Autofill drives me nuts!
I don't care what it's auto-filling, I hate it!

Even tho it's bookmarked, I don't want Safari guessing what I'm typing!
i killed the history, cache, and it still does it! Took me a while to realize it's getting the auto-fill information from my bookmarks! ARGH!!!

Anyone figure out how to kill it?
(without killing the bookmarks that is).

Sogni said:
Autofill drives me nuts!
I don't care what it's auto-filling, I hate it!

Fret not, dear mac user, help is always at hand! ;)

First off, while is Safari, go to: File->Preferences>AutoFill and then click on the Edit... button to the right of the checkbox marked: User names passwords.

Once in there, either remove all or remove a site on an individual basis. Or, if you _really_ don't like AutoFill, just un-check the aforementioned checkbox.

I already had all autofill checkboxes unchecked (see attachment) and it's still autofilling from my bookmarks. :(

Can you tell? I *REALLY* hate autofill! :p

Attachments

• autofill.jpg
    autofill.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 9
Sogni said:
I already had all autofill checkboxes unchecked (see attachment) and it's still autofilling from my bookmarks. :(

I get the same thing. Safari seems to have an internal AutoFill that just can't be countermanded by the preferences. I've run into it before.

Sogni said:
Can you tell? I *REALLY* hate autofill! :p

I got that impression, yeah!

You might want to run /Developer/Applications/Utilities/Property List Editor and have a scout around the preference files for Safari.

I've had a quick look around but I didn't seen anything obvious. You might want to go inside Safari; view Package contents. There's some .plist files in there that might hold some promise!..

Back