Konfabulator is out!!

The site is busy. :D
I'm downloading it now and it keeps more than 15 minutes for download.

Eheheh.

This program will be great once more third party widgets are released for it. Oh sure I could make my own, but I'm so busy the last thing I'd want to do in my free time is program in my own widgets for a program that costs $25. I'm patient, I'll wait.

I can't understand why Arlo Rose didn't make a mirror himself.

BTW, the whole program is great. BUT I won't buy it :

- I want an option to have the windows always staying at top (like iPulse).
- I only use W3C and iTunes widgets.
- I want ALL widgets to stay in the Konfab menu, even if closed ! Using 'Open Widget…' command each time is a pain.
- I hate this little reminder ;)

Originally posted by toast
I can't understand why Arlo Rose didn't make a mirror himself.

BTW, the whole program is great. BUT I won't buy it :

- I want an option to have the windows always staying at top (like iPulse).
- I only use W3C and iTunes widgets.
- I want ALL widgets to stay in the Konfab menu, even if closed ! Using 'Open Widget…' command each time is a pain.
- I hate this little reminder ;)

I won't buy it too, not for your reason anyway, but as 25$ is too much. I've bought a lot of other shareware apps, but I think that the importance of this app isn't enough to justify 25$ :rolleyes:

I wanna reply to your reasons:
- the option is configurable in .kon file in widget package, as a matter of fact one of the widgets stays at top;
- also weather is good ;) ;
- write a mail to Arlo Rose, he'll follow your idea;
- the reminder is tiresome, but is the only way to inform people that they r using a shareware application, timed demo or other tricks r not useful for the programmer, as u can reinstall the app as soon as it expires.

A trick for u:
if u install konfabulator for the first time, the reminder doesn't appear, it appears when u close the app and reopen it.
So if u don't reboot u can keep it always open without any reminder. :D :D :D

Man, this is cool! It is sort of pricy, but I like the idea, maybe with a few more widgets I'll buy it.

Boy, I'm glad my mom ain't around, all those pictures in my picture folder would have embarrassed her to no end!

hmm... i wonder if the widget makers get any royalties on the $25 they charge for this program. =P
oh well. the current widgets are really cool. i'll try to work on a couple when the website is back up.

Seems pretty cool so far... :) So is this supposed to create the environment of 'Desktop as control panel/information center' instead of a place to litter with files or something?

Seems like the dock and the menubar do a lot better job at some things than some of those widgets do -- like the battery meter, the airport signal strength meter, and the new-mail checker. The desktop sure has a lot more space for detailed & high-res pictures & stuff though. If it's easy to make widgets I bet this will get huge and very cool on the Mac. Hope so!

Back