kudos to apple. i just realized...

boi

official breaker of macs.
i just realized how much i use their applications. safari, mail, itunes, ical, address book, isync all sit in my dock, and i use them all the time. i also use iphoto quite a bit (though i wish it were faster).
when i'm watching a macworld and steve jobs is like "check out isync, it's really cool" i grumble a little bit and want him to get on with the hardware. i'm just now realizing how important this software is to me now. i can't live without ical/isync/t68i. it reminds me to go to class, it wakes me up in the morning. basically if i don't stick it in ical (which takes the cake for easiest calendar GUI design EVER) and sync it to my t68i, then it doesn't get done. i have a lousy memory.
it's applications like these that change the way people think about computing. they're 'applicable'. my computer isn't some machine that i don't understand and fight with to get things to work, it's a part of my life. just like driving a car or even watching TV. it's a tool. it's entertainment. it's easy to use and it's invaluable in my life. Apple makes this possible.

hats off.

thanks Apple.

Here, here! Apple used to be all about hardware. Software however seems to become an increasingly important selling issue: a great OS with nicely integrated iApps.
Of course it's not all sing and dance but I'll reserve my whining for another thread ;)
Go Apple!
Mm.

I'm pretty much the same... My T68i is filled with appointments by iSync, and I have to agree that iCal is a really good PIM.

What it lacks, and I think Apple _should_ include something here, is shared calendars. Yes, yes, they're there... But not for teamwork. You can only publish them... They should release

a) a server version (TCP/IP)
b) a Rendezvous enabled client version.

I want to be able to send appointments via Mail.app, receive them via Mail and, of course, be able to look at them and either accept or refuse them. Very important for small AND big businesses as well as for teamwork.

Microsoft has some stuff like this that comes with Windows, doesn't it?

Of course, anything they have doesn't hold a candle to even the lowliest, buggiest iApps.

Although, I can see the usefulness of combining the functions of Quicktime and iTunes in Winamp... But both these programs are still better than that M$ excuse for code.

Back