Lacie 16X DVD burner

yossarian1000

Registered
I'm running an eMac combo with a Lacie 16x DVD burner. As with all my Lacie products, installation never goes quite like the manual indicates. Turning on the power switch, my eMac sees the burner but System Profiler doesn't show what Lacie says it's supposed to show, and no icon appears on my desktop. Toast 6 sees the burner, too. I can use it to burn DVD's or CD's but I'm forced to reboot my computer when I'm done because my cable modem seems to lock up every single time. It's not a big issue but it's a curious one.

Just in case this is a related issue, my eMac has always had a small glitch. If I put the computer to sleep, when I wake it, the combo drive door opens and the tray pops out and then closes again. Of course, talking to Apple, meant that I had to re-install the OS every time I chatted with them....time consuming and produced no results. They eventually wanted the eMac returned which meant, of course, I had to pay shipping and do without the computer while I waited. Nah. My work-around is simple: Never put the drive to sleep....only the display....end of problem.

Back