Lame 3.9.3.1 compilation errors -> REQ help

DMCrimson

Registered
ok, I downloaded lame-3.93.1.tar.gz , and proceeded to compile the gem. Configure goes well, but when I try to 'make' I get these errors (plenty of them) along the process:
../config.h:67: warning: use of `long double' type; its size may change in a future release
../config.h:67: warning: (Long double usage is reported only once for each file.
../config.h:67: warning: To disable this warning, use -Wno-long-double.)
the package it fails with following:
Making all in Dll
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in debian
Making all in doc
Making all in html
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in man
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in include
Making all in misc
Making all in dshow
Making all in ACM
Making all in ADbg
Making all in tinyxml
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in mac

any information to make this succeed?

update: make apparently indeed builds all the executables, fo in firectory 'frontend' I find a Mach-O executable ppc with name 'lame'

I think you have installed correctly. Those messages don't indicate failure, I think.

Assuming you've run configure and make, run sudo make install (enter root password), then run /usr/local/bin/lame

Should work fine. Just installed perfectly for me under 10.2.3 (I linked to your file)

And I got those 'nothing to be done' messages.

sudo make install only iinstalls man and info, I get way more of thise 'nothing to be done's but I just copied the executable over the old one...and I found out that it possibly should be make -k and sudo make -k install...gladly sudo no longer asks me for password:) I know, digging blood from my nose here:)

Hmm,

I got a bunch of those messages, probably 12+.

Still, the usual vanilla procedure:

./configure
./make
sudo make install
(enter password)

installed everything fine. Using -k may skip through a real error though. I didn't need to use it.

Are you running 10.2.3 with the latest dev tools?

10.2.3 with latest tools, yep giving the errors in make, but making the executables correctly, sudo make install will install only man and info. Could this be related to this (http://www.osxgnu.org/#jagbugs):
in the file /usr/share/autoconf/autoconf.m4f line 7294 should read:

exit (setpgrp (0,0) == -1);])],
not

exit (setpgrp (1,1) == -1);])],

Back