LAN printer will not print

PoEzra

Registered
My situation is just a -bit- different. While I was amazed at how easy it was to Add the printer that is attached to my PC through my home LAN, when I try to print, I am dismayed to see a very quick flash of a dialog, and then no print. The entry in the console as this happens follows. I'm not sure if it applies or not, and an pretty sure the first part is irrelevant, but I include it just in case due to the timing of it, and the fact that I was Not trying to use PGP (or even had it activated) at the time.

Thank you all for taking a look at this.

-----> using the default for dK=[icon] tS=[hi_nshwrs]
Failure: Setting [code-1] to [32] iconStr was [0], lost [20] pts
AddContextualMenuCommand err = 91687220
2004-03-23 23:52:55.012 Mail[25042] Loaded PGP 8.0.3 - not licensed for commercial use: www.pgp.com
AddContextualMenuCommand err = 91687220
2004-03-24 00:12:25.436 System Preferences[25069] <NSThread: 0x10d3a0>{num = 1, threadDictionary =
(null)
}: tossing reply message sequence 1
Failure: Setting [code-1] to [32] iconStr was [0], lost [20] pts

I'm also having trouble printing through the network from my 10.3 iBook to my Samsung ML1510 printer (connected to a Windows XP box).

I can see the printer on the Network, I can add it (only with generic PS drivers, it wont allow me to use the Samsung drivers, which are already installed on the machine for us to be able to print locally); but whenever I try to print, it fails.

The first printing attempt per session will do something (blinking on the printer, and I can see a "Low level document" in the XP printing log; but nothing will come up from the printer. And after that first attempt, no reaction will be achived henceforth.

Any clues or Hints?
Thanks in advance for your help.

the Nardus

Many (most!) OEM-provided drivers don't support Windows-shared printers, because they bypass the cups/OS X comm protocols. Look here for drivers that will work for shared printing:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/
Keep in mind - Gimp-Print drivers are already installed in Panther. You DON'T need ghostscript with Panther (you do for Jaguar). Don't get the source code - get the .dmg installers!

Hope this helps.

Back