Laptop selflessly saves the world from a bad thesis

Sorry!
It appears as if you’re using an unsupported Web browser. For best results, please try one of the following alternatives:
Windows Users

Internet Explorer 5.5 and above
Netscape 7 and above
Firefox 1.0 and above
Macintosh Users

Safari 1.2 and above
Netscape 7 and above
Firefox 1.0 and above
© Copyright 2005, Onion, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Onion is not intended for readers under 18 years of age.

Wow

That was hilarious!!

I must say, the laptop did the right thing. If it had not acted selflessly the way it did, this student may have graduated and gone on to be the next editor of some asenine paper -- like the NY Times! hahaha

Whoa, odd. Sorry, Lt Major Burns. :(

It worked for me in Firefox under Windows XP, and I've also tested it on a Mac with Safari (2.0.3), Camino (1.0b2), Firefox (1.5.0.3)(ridiculous numbering system!), and Shiira (1.2.2). It didn't work in Internet Explorer (5.2.3), although I'm not too gutted about that. At any rate, the page should display in one of a number of other free browsers, but it is annoying that it didn't display for some reason in the browser you used.

delsoljb32: I'm glad you liked it. :) A student I knew had a hard drive failure recently when writing a PhD thesis. I'm sure the iBook wasn't trying to make any statements, though...

Heheh, I can understand the frustration-- During finals week my PB's fan was making a whrrring noise and making things hesitate a little bit till the 'book itself was tilted. I dont think (knock on wood) that its the HD, I think its a loose connection or fan issue. Going to the 'store to have the geniuses try to figure it out (have to back up 60 gigs first though, lol) this weekend. Luckily it didnt cause any problems when I was taking my exams (phew!), but don't want to risk it in the future.

Lt Major Burns said:
meh, it worked in firefox... LOL.

i think i haxied safari a while back...
Maybe you changed your user agent to Netscape 4. If you have the Debug menu activated, change it back to Default. If you don't, then enable it with PithHelmet or SafariEnhancer or something.

I've never had problems reading the Onion. It even works in iCab.

In a small trivial way, it makes me glad to know that some other positive force is preventing the world from literary destruction of a monumental nature. Could you imagine what might happen to our higher education institutions if more people like this became professors? I certainly cannot. Now lets see...
"Todays subject: Mental fortitude of the primate brain as it relates to post graduate execution of non-academic studies."

P.S. I can't believe I just made that up.

Back