launching garageband

ravir345

Registered
Hi,
I was having some trouble launching garageband as I kept getting a message saying my instrument library is invalid and that GarageBand expects a valid instrument library folder in /library/applications support/garageband. it goes on to say please choose a valid insutrument library folder or quit and re-install garageband. I recently got my ilife cd sent to me, however ive tried to reinstall a few times but I keep getting the same error message. It looks like all my folders are where they should be but it doesn't look like there is anything in the folders. After Instrument library I have 2 folders called plug-in and track settings. In track settings, there are 3 folders called master, real, and software, but nothing is in any of these folders as far as I know. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Ravi

Same problem with me!! help, please!
I was having some trouble launching garageband as I kept getting a message saying my instrument library is invalid and that GarageBand expects a valid instrument library folder in /library/applications support/garageband. it goes on to say please choose a valid insutrument library folder or quit and re-install garageband. I recently got my ilife cd sent to me, however ive tried to reinstall a few times but I keep getting the same error message.

I think the easiest way to solve y'alls problem is to reinstall Garageband. You can do it from your Mac OS X install CD. Either the Garageband instrument library got deleted/corrupted, the path got changed/corrupted, or Garageband itself got corrupted. No big deal and not an uncommon occurrence but the easiest way to fix it is to reinstall Garageband which insures a fresh start (provided you completely uninstall Garageband before you reinstall it).

Back