LC ll OS7

dens

Registered
Now running an iMac - what to do with ancient LC ll running OS7 +Sony Trinitron 14" monitor & all the bits + various progs. Is there a collectors market for these, or do they get scrapped? Mine runs perfectly, but needs a new battery for the clock - I just have the clock appear at the 'open' & put the correct date/time on it. Any suggestions? (Not rude please!)

Check out the 68KMLA and Applefritter. Those two and various other places are known to rescue aging Macs from the scrap heap. Also check out the LEM Mailing List. You'd also be surprised to know that some people will even buy dead Macs in order to scavenge parts from them.

Incidentally, I have a Quadra 650 running as a webserver. I also have a Mac LCII, a Powerbook Duo 230, and an eMate at home as part of my collection. :)

Oh yea definitely there are collector's markets for those.
If they work, even better...
even if they don't you can still make cool things out of them. So never ever trash a Mac, it will be a treasure for someone else even if you wouldn't find any use for it yourself.
Shopgoodwill.com has sometimes some nice old Macs - if you just want a good home for the Mac, they can sell it for you and use the money for charity causes.
Otherwise.. put on ad here on the classifieds section etc, and look at Nixgeek's suggestions :)

Back