lcd housing warped

futureTom

Registered
Sorry if this has been covered before, although I did do a search.

The lid on my 12" G4 iBook [ mid 2005 model ] has a pronounced curve
at the hinge end. If you close the lid and look at the back of the machine, the lid touches the lower casing at the corners. The top corners are ok. My local Apple centre told me that this was normal.

The lcd has bright patches at the two bottom corners. The Apple centre replaced the lcd panel, which unfortunately hasn't cured the problem.

Do you think I was being fobbed off, as I think the lcd problem must be caused by the faulty housing.

Thanks for any advice you can give. Tom

if the housing is bubbling in the middle, chances are the cables inside aren't seated in the correct places. I've done the same thing myself, fortunately i saw it before sending it back out of store. On the outsides, can be caused by airport antennas being slightly out of place or anything similar - but alternatively could be caused by a bad case aswell. I would take it to them again and say you want it fixed, if they won't i'd take it up with apple

thanks mattsuzu,

i'm taking it back at the weekend, and have been told it will get "priority treatment". it just seemed strange that apple would consider this as normal.

Tom

"My local Apple centre told me that this was normal."

An Apple Centre is NOT apple, mearly a reseller and service agent. I know this because that is where i work... Just so ya know, you can go above the applecentre to apple if you're not happy with their service.

Apple's agent told me "because the Apple Centre carried out the original repair they must carry out any subsequenty related work" Pass the handwash please. Hopefully this time they will sort the problem.

Thanks again for your help. tom

Back