LDAP Server in Jaguar

Mars

Registered
I have been using OpenLDAP in OS 10.1.5 for weeks as the backend directory server for a Web-based application.

Now, I have OS 10.2. It comes with OpenLDAP!

But when I start up slapd (the LDAP daemon), I get this error:

/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 19: could not open datasource "/var/db/netinfo/network.nidb" flags [00000401]

So, I did some tinkering with /private/etc/openldap/slapd.conf. I set it up to access my pre-existing Berkeley DB LDAP data, but Apple's OpenLDAP was not built with support for Berkeley DB.

Anyone have ideas as to how to get Apple's build of OpenLDAP to run?

Mars :)

I was thinking niutil might have some kind of dump command or something like the "make hash" comand, but I couldn't find anything like that.

I wonder if their LDAP was only for login info or if you could share the Address Book with it. That's what I'm most interested in.

-Rob

I successfuly used Openldap in OSX 10.2.

I change my slapd.conf file to use LDBM backend and I removed all not necessary schema.

The problem is that, Apple do not install any LDBM base in there OS, then I simply got one from a Linux box( I copy /var/lib/ldap from my linux to /var/lib/openldap/openldap-data/)

And it's worked!

I got OpenLDAP to run and serve up my two user accounts (mine and my wife's). Not very useful, but it's a start.

All I did was edit the /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file:
Code:
#datasource      /var/db/netinfo/network.nidb
datasource      /var/db/netinfo/local.nidb
now running sudo /usr/libexec/slapd works fine, and giving AddressBook a new OpenLDAP source pointing to localhost lets me do a name search for me or my wife. With no other info. Pretty useless.

Now to point it to my addressbook somehow.

-Rob

Back