Learning Cocoa: chapter 6 question

mikasjoman

Registered
Hi, I' just starting up with Cocoa for the first time. I bought "learing cocoa" just a week ago. It's super easy for you to get it working, but I'm a newbie...

Well, I'm on chapter 6, and I cant get the example working.
When I compile the project I do not get any error message, so it seems to work Ok, but I do not get the date out into the field in the app..

I just wonder if somebody could take a look at the souce file I sumbit to a private web server:

www2.premiumsystem.se/test.zip

Please help me, I really want to understand why I can't get it to work.

One other thing, is that I can't find the "Electrical outlet" that I'm supposed to kilick .2 on page 72.

I think that could be the problem.... My Interface builder does not look like that... 10.1

Kind regards

Mika

No, you're right. Your version of Interface Builder does not have any electrical outlets under the "Classes" tab. That information is now only found in the info window which you will find in the menu Tools>Show Info. Click on "MyController" in the "Instances" tab and then select "Connections" from the drop-down menu in the info window. There you will find information about outlets and actions in your "MyController" class.

To get your project working you need to connect the "textField" outlet in MyController to the actual text field in the window. To do this, just follow the instructions in the book. Control-drag a connection from the MyController object in the Instances tab to the text field in the window. Then you need to choose outlet in the info window and finally click "Connect" (also in the info window). Easy!

Hope this helps.

Back