LEONIS (or anyone else) - question about your wacom!

ThE OutsiDer

Registered
Hi Leonis I noticed u had a graphire black wacom tablet.
i am in the swing of buying the exact one you have and wanted to know-

Hows the osx support?
Do you use it with lightwave 7 or photoshop 6?

Does Classic recognise it if you are using photoshop 6 in classic?

Does the actual wacom suffer from discolorization from your arm rubbing against it over time?
(white wacoms used to turn yellowish overtime from the constant rubbing of your arm)
Do you recommend buying one if you are a big osx user?
Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by ThE OutsiDer
Hi Leonis I noticed u had a graphire black wacom tablet.
i am in the swing of buying the exact one you have and wanted to know-

1-Hows the osx support?

2-Do you use it with lightwave 7 or photoshop 6?

3-Does Classic recognise it if you are using photoshop 6 in classic?

4- Does the actual wacom suffer from discolorization from your arm rubbing against it over time? (white wacoms used to turn yellowish overtime from the constant rubbing of your arm)

5-Do you recommend buying one if you are a big osx user?
Thanks in advance.

Hey OutsiDer...how've you been???
Okay....here are the answers

1 - It works...but there have been twice that the driver couldn't load. I have to uninstall and reinstall to get the tablet work....but this is only a beta driver...can't complain

2 - I don't use Lightwave sorry :D

3 - Photoshop 6 works with the tablet. Also to other Classic apps. HOWEVER....pressure doens't work with native apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Again....this is a beta driver

4 - Well...this is the beauty of graphite. Never have the "white to yellow" problem :D

5 - Absolutely!

I've been thinking of getting a tablet. I am no artist, but I really think I can discover myself if I had one. But I'd forgo a Tablet for one of those new Tablet/LCD Screens and a new G4! Only $2000! (For the LCD.. not both.) Less than an Apple LCD! And it can be sed as a normalmonitor and you won't NEED a mouse, though you can still use one.

Back