Leopard: Bugs/Compatibility Reports

Crimguy

Registered
Just want to hear what software you believe does not work in Leopard for reasons unknown:

<EDITED TITLE TO MAKE THREAD MORE SPECIFIC>

Edit from Jason:

Please report any compatibility problems and/or bugs you have with Leopard here. If you have more indepth questions, please feel free to post a new thread though. This is mainly for collection and reporting. :)

All my loved input managers for Safari (and most of all Saft) don't work anymore. I found this Pimpkit thingy, but I can't get Saft to work with it although they say it should work.

Those are always "late" it seems. ;) ... LittleSnitch needs to either be completely reinstalled, I heard, or move to version 2.beta from 1.x.

Just want to hear what software you believe does not work in Leopard for reasons unknown:
After installing Leopard i cannot login to my network server (NAS TS201) anymore.
Reason: password not recognized.
A window machine works fine. Have authorized guest temporariliy till i know why i cannot use passwords anymore?
Regards,
Gerrit

Airport.

sorry to keep harping on, but it's still 'broken'. they've removed the interference robustness from the preferences in your airport menu, for no apparent reason. turns out it was the glue that kept my powermac on the wifi.

hm. are you sure they didn't just _move_ that preference somewhere? what basestation are you using? this feature is also on the router side, and the way it works (making packets smaller and changing some frequency thing) it should still work if selected on the router side.

it's better now, but not great. it just drops the connection a lot. i'm on a pretty cheap bundled router, but preleopard, it was solid.

i've spotlight-ed everywhere for it, and googled tons, but it appears that they've removed the feature quietly.

I thougt makin a post, of everybodys problem in the new osX.

write here whatever you find trouble in LEOPARD.

ill start with mine.

BLUETOOTH problem.

Is possible for me to find and send via Bluetooth to mobile phones, but if I want to send something from a mobile phone, i get error.

Delivery Failed.

Do you guys have any problems with the BT?

Problem with typing in Save project filename field in Audacity 1.26 - seems that the input keystrokes also are sent to the main application window - so any key letters that function in the main application can't be used in the filename - for example the letters R and S which are used to record and stop recording/playback. Also if you have a selection and choose to save that selection, make sure you type correctly and don't have to use the delete key or your selection will be deleted.

System Preferences.
Type Bluetooth in the search bar so you find where the entries for it are... there are more than one where you could have forgotten to change something.

Security had by default to allow firewall to allow ALL incoming connections? Uh oh.

AdmitMac does not install nor does Secureclient VPN software. It is a little flaky in it's directory services as well failing to bind to either an Active or Open directory server.

Input Managers are gone in Leopard. Inquisitor doesn't work along with many other things. Unless they find a different way of doing it they may never be Leopard compatible. Apple says this is for security reasons.

Anyone try Office 2004? My office relies on Office and VMware fusion to run Quickbooks premier, so those are two of the main apps I care about . . .

Quicksilver hangs my system in Leopard, and their site is dead. This is the new beta that is supposed to work in Leopard.

Back