Leopard DVD Ejects On Install?

granthac

Registered
I am trying to install Leopard on my Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 1.5 GB Ram. When I put the dvd in and follow the prompts to restart it simply ejects the DVD, then flashes the folder with the question mark and OS symbol in it for a second before it reverts back to a normal start-up. I tried holding down the 'C' key during start up and it does the same thing, only after the DVD has ejected it hangs with the with the folder/question mark/OS symbol until I manually restart. Has anyone else had this problem? I am planning on doing an erase and install so everything is backed up and I am not worried about losing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Is that a separately purchased Mac OS X install disc? Most often the error you describe occurs when trying to use the install discs that came with a different Mac (so e.g. install disc of iMac with 10.5 will only work on that generation of iMac it was sold with).

If this is not the case, reset the PRAM (hold apple-alt-p-r at startup until you hear the startup chime a second time, then release the keys) and see if it now sees the disc.

I bought the DVD from the apple store, so I don't think there is a problem with the install disk.

I tried to hold down the option key and select the disk when it came up, but the DVD continued to eject. I have also reset my PRAM to no avail. Does anyone have any other ideas before I go back to apple?

Back