Leopard Installation 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

ncudmore

Registered
Got home Friday with my family pack and 10 user server, keen as can be...

MacBook (Intel DuoCore 2gb memory) - no problems

Sat. morning... next up...

Old G4 12" powerbook (640mb memory) - no problem with the install - except battery won't charge now, and I get a battery symbol with a spanner inside it.

iMac (20" G5 1.8ghz 2gb memory) - ah, yes, err... nothing now... I ran thru the install as an upgrade and after booting I get a blank blue screen (one of the reasons I stopped using Windoze), no words, no menu bar, after about 3 minutes I may or may not get a black mouse pointer on the screen, leave it for an hour and still nothing. I attempted a reinstall this time with every option selected and... same thing.

OK, what's not standard on this Apple.... I removed the Bluetooth dongle, and connected a wired Apple keyboard and Mouse, and tried one more time.... Same thing, a nice pale blue screen and a mouse cursor, that's all I can get.

Anyone any ideas?

Sunday.
Server ah, my fault yet to start, as my old Mac Mini needs a memory upgrade.

Thanks in advance, Neil.

Restart the iMac and zap the PRAM about 3 times, and see if that works, also let it go for a few mins when you do restart...

Some addons such as iScroll2 cause problems in Leopard - you want to try a clean/archive and install.

I've heard the blue screen is clearly connected with APE being present. APE is bad for your soul and OS X upgrades. Get rid of it. :)

(They again and again claim that it's never their fault, but again and again APE and/or installed "haxies" are the culprits for kernel panics, no-shows like the one mentioned here etc. Everyone's been saying it for years so repeat after me: Get rid of APE and its haxies. Yes they're oh so cool and do funky stuff that can _really_ be helpful, but all of it's not worth the pain...)

Back