Leopard server config.

smiffy07

Registered
Hi all

I have a slight problem which I can't workout how to fix. I have setup and configured Leopard on one of our xserves. All working fine and I'm just testing out a couple of services.
The server is called Leo, I know how original! I have noticed when logging into leo that the domain is setup incorrectly. It is currently leo.craikjnes.co.uk and should be leo.craikjones.co.uk As you can see I am only missing the o from jones but it is rather annoying.

My question is, can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can amend this spelling error?

Take a look at changeip. That will handle host names as well. After you are done running it again with -checkhostname to be sure that you have your host name setup properly.

Michael

Hi all

I have a slight problem which I can't workout how to fix. I have setup and configured Leopard on one of our xserves. All working fine and I'm just testing out a couple of services.
The server is called Leo, I know how original! I have noticed when logging into leo that the domain is setup incorrectly. It is currently leo.craikjnes.co.uk and should be leo.craikjones.co.uk As you can see I am only missing the o from jones but it is rather annoying.

My question is, can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can amend this spelling error?

In some OS X versions you can find this setting in the following file:

/private/etc/hostconfig

Just edit and reboot to have it (partially fixed).

Good luck, Kees

In some OS X versions you can find this setting in the following file:

/private/etc/hostconfig

Just edit and reboot to have it (partially fixed).

Good luck, Kees

Be a bit careful, manually modifying the hostconfig file is not the preferred method since Tiger. There are other tools that modify those files (such as scutil) and having the manual entry can prove to be problematic.

Not to knock it. I had to get used to not doing it anymore myself a while back! :D

Michael

Back