Leopard status

iLife already comes with OS X. So actually it's just the idea of having iLife AND iWork, not one or both, since "one" is already there!

Does this make sense? ;)

Hi! Does apple announce big releases at events such as the one in LV this weekend? Any chance we could see it by next week?

Or do they just hold thier own impromptu special event?

iLife already comes with OS X. So actually it's just the idea of having iLife AND iWork, not one or both, since "one" is already there!

Does this make sense? ;)

Close, but wrong. iLife comes with new Macs, not with OS X. OS X just also comes with a new Mac. Retail copies of OS X have iTunes, but not iLife. By the sounds of things though, this next iLife release will be integral to OSX, not being a seperate release. i could be wrong though...

I just don't really see the reasoning behind bundling either iLife or iWork with OS X. People get iLife with their Macs and are intrigued to upgrade for the low price it's currently offered. iWork, although sales are lacking, is also quite reasonably priced. So why simply give up that money? To make Leopard "not look that bad"? I don't think so.

Close, but wrong. iLife comes with new Macs, not with OS X. OS X just also comes with a new Mac. Retail copies of OS X have iTunes, but not iLife. By the sounds of things though, this next iLife release will be integral to OSX, not being a seperate release. i could be wrong though...

Sorry - my bad. This sounds very practical...

All though if they do that, they'll still have a seperate release, for those who want iLife 07, but cant buy Leopard (to slow machines?).

Sorry - my bad. This sounds very practical...

All though if they do that, they'll still have a seperate release, for those who want iLife 07, but cant buy Leopard (to slow machines?).

well, unless apple thinks that if the mac is too old to run 10.5, then it'll be too old to run ilife07. i hope my da/g4 with 1.47ghz cpu upgrade isn't too old to run it, as i really like what i've seen so far.

Back