Leopard to run Windows programs?

Qion

Uber Nothing
Just screwing around on Apple.com when something interesting came up. According to the "Macs aren't slow" section of the "Get a Mac" page, Apple can say that Leopard beta software can run some Windows applications faster than PC's themselves.

Attachments

• picture1kw3.png
    picture1kw3.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 13
I definetly think they refer to Bootcamp so they are talking about a dual booted windows not apps running inside os x

I definetly think they refer to Bootcamp so they are talking about a dual booted windows not apps running inside os x

Why would they need Tiger software to that? What's the point of mentioning it? Why not just say "BootCamp"?

BootCamp is considered beta software currently and will be included in Leopard. But, I agree, why not just say BootCamp?

I get the sneaking suspicion that instead of loading vmware or parallels to run Windows, one will simple need to do a key combination and flip to the other operating system, running simultaneously.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Probably the guy or girl writing the marketing blurb needed 5 more lines of text and put something together without telling the whole truth.

That entire paragraph reads very poorly (especially that particular sentence), so i'm inclined to think it's an editing error. Furthermore, the Macworld test they link to is not based on Leopard. I don't think any "third-party test" would be.

That said, it's entirely possible that the final version of BootCamp will provide better performance, perhaps with better hardware drivers.

I'm starting to agree with Mikuro. Whoever wrote it wasn't displaying a ton of grammatical dexterity. Leopard beta software could very well just be BootCamp, albeit very cryptically.

I'm still speculating.

BootCamp *IS* "beta software from the next version of Mac OS X", even if you're using that particular beta software from Leopard on a computer also running Tiger. BootCamp will be part of Leopard, is *not* part of Tiger and basically doesn't run within the Mac OS, anyway (only its setup assistant). No poor wording, they might just have wanted to forego the name BootCamp (btw.: they always said that name might change until final version...).

Back