Leopard upgrade: ... but now no network access!

andrefrancis

... yes it's really me!
I have upgraded to Leopard from Tiger and suddenly I can no longer access other computers or even print on my home network. I am using a NetGear router and connected to TalkTalk broadband.

When I go to Finder and choose Go / Network ... I get a blank window, and all my saved accesses (using smb://blahblah ) in Go / Connect to Server return an error. The upgrade has lost some connection from my Mac (through my router) to the network.

Everything else seems to be working OK .... email and internet access is fine and other PCs on the network can access my iMac (via the router) with no problem.

Under System Preferences / Sharing, I have File Sharing switched on and in Options, I have 'Share files and folders' switched on for both AFP and SMB. Is there anything else that needs setting?

Please ... can anyone help. I can't even print currently!

Thanks

Andre Francis

OK ... I have seen in various reports that there are problems with interfacing with networks and PCs in particular.

Well, I have decided that I really do need to be able to see other PCs on my network and be able to print, thus have decided to go back to OSX Tiger. Can anyone tell me if there will be a problem with this?

I am thinking of asking Apple for a refund!

Andre Francis

... except when I switch on my old Mac G4. Suddenly a new menu 'Sharing' shows up in the Finder sidebar and the entry 'Mac G4' appears ... so something can be seen. But I cannot get any access to other PCs or my 2 printers!

I have tried switching 'File Sharing' on and off (and rebooting). I have enabled/disabled SMB sharing ... still not a peep!

I can ping all the PCs and printers from my iMac (via Terminal ... ping 10.0.0.4 etc) and my Netgear router has them all connected OK, so they are definitely there ... and (thank heavens) they are noy figments of my imagination!

Does anyone have any other things to try?

Andre

Back