Leopard

aren't new macs released at macworld though, and this year they wont.

shouldn't we expect some new computers when leopard is released.

Well the Quad Core C2D and Xeon has been out for sometime... so maybe they will update iMacs to Quads around the time Leopard is released?

I mean, Leopard running on 4 legs (cores), can't get any better than that!!!

Well if they put 2 Quad Core Xeon's into the MacPro, then you'll get 8 cores...

I'm not so sure 'bout that. Well, you could, but with Leopard probably being only 2 months away, it might be just a little to soon to buy. While there are no particular rumours of the Mac mini getting an upgrade soon, there just might be one around the corner. And you _will_ probably want Leopard once it arrives. Those 129 USD (plus probably new iLife version as well that makes use of Leopard's core animation technology, another 49 or 79 dollars...) aren't nothing...

i would wait if it's not absolutely necessary. By all reports, Leopard is a massive update, and there could be hardware updates to accommodate/enhance the new features. Possibly similar to the IR Receiver when Font Row was released. But that is pure speculation.

I feel for people who have been in the market for new macs int he past few months. I can just imagine how many people held off until MacWorld. but now that nothing has been said, we're still not certain it is a good time to buy. argh.

Having just downloaded the ADC slideshow presentation - Leopard is looking pretty good - OpenGL apparently will be multi-threaded (which should increase game speed), and there are a whole load of new API's, a podcast program, and wiki stuff.

Its looking good :)

I'm not _that_ sure about that particular rumour until I get some sort of confirmation. ;)

I feel for people who have been in the market for new macs int he past few months. I can just imagine how many people held off until MacWorld. but now that nothing has been said, we're still not certain it is a good time to buy. argh.

Like meeee! :)

I wanted to buy the iMac 24" when it came out .. but decided to hold off until MacWorld. I got nothing. I really need to upgrade my Mac Mini G4 ... so I'm left wondering what the heck to do. I got bit by the upgrade thing with my Mac Mini - they came out with Tiger and I just missed the upgrade window... grr Don't want to do that again. I told myself that if I don't see a Mac by end of March - I'll use my money elsewhere (ie. car, furniture, etc)

I got bit by the upgrade thing with my Mac Mini - they came out with Tiger and I just missed the upgrade window... grr Don't want to do that again.

Believe me, that happens *every* time anybody buys a Mac. I don't think there has ever been a Mac purchaser who hasn't seen a better, smarter, more-suitable machine be released a few weeks after they buy.

It is a fact of life and there's just no point worrying about it; if you got the Mac you wanted at the price you wanted, then there's no point complaining when a week later the same Mac comes with one more feature.

The very same thing *could* happen to PC buyers who are new to the computers too, who may buy the PC and never follows PC updates again to even realise a new, better one has come out.

I think that's pretty much how (good) technology works, you get the best camera this month just to see even better one come out next month!!!

Back