Leopard

haloblack

Registered
Gosh I hope this makes sense...we just converted to leopard at work, and I am wondering why I cannot get a follder that I double click to open in the same window...in the list view.

Any work arounds?

Thanks!

HaloBlack

Open the folder in question in list view, then go to view in the menu bar and choose "Show view options", or Command-j and check the box marked"Always open in list view".
Now every time you double click on that folder it will open in list view.

Also, you may want to go to "Finder"->"Preferences", and deselect "Always open folders in a new Window", this will ensure all your folders open in the same window.

jb.

See, I tried all of those things, and I still get new windows opening all the time.

It's just odd...well, thanks for your responses, and trying to help me out.

HaloBlack!

There's a little lozenge on the right side of the window (opposite of the close, minimize, and zoom buttons). I have a feeling that you have the Finder windows set to do spatial navigation (where it opens a window for every opened folder) as opposed to browser navigation (where it opens in the same window). The browser navigational window usually has a toolbar along with the aliases on the left side of the Finder window. If not, then you're in spatial view mode.

Good one nix!
I've never used that view myself, so I never think of it when suggesting solutions to posters problems.
But I'll bet you hit the nail right on the head.

jb.

YOU RULE...that did the trick....now I just have to deal with the new menubar on the left, but hey, better than what I had....

You guys rule, thanks.

Back