Lexmark X83 Printer Driver ?

FredDimond

Registered
I have the following equipment purchased late Oct 2002.
Dual 867 Mhz G4 with bus speed of 133 Mhz
L2 cache size 256K (times 2) L3 cache size 1Mb (times 2)
Power Mac G4 (version =2.1) 512 MB DDR SDRAM, operating OS 10.2.2
I have a Lexmark X83 printer and have tried to install a OS 10.2.2 Jaquer driver which I had downloaded from the Lexmark site. After I installed the driver and restarted, I had a Kernel Panic attack so disconnected the printer and restarted. I un-installed the driver and ran Disk Utility to check for any damage and non found. Then re-installed the driver and the same thing happened when I restarted. I have re-installed the OSX.2.2 several times to no avail, I still have the problem. Incidentally the Printer does work OK in OS9.2 using a driver from the Lexmark site.
Anyone with a solution ?

I also have the X83 and it works fine. Slow as all get out (as with every Lexmark I've had) but works. Is the X83 connected via hub? If so disconnect it then install the drivers. The X83 (I've found out) is kinda funny when installing the drivers for X.

Will give it another try,however I believe it was connected directly to the G4 when I previously attempted to install the driver

I tried installing again with printer connected directly to G4 and soon as I restarted I had a Kernel Panic attack.................so I can only assume that the driver has some fault
Fred Dimond

I have the X83 as well and it works perfectly, however, yes it is slooooowwww. Have you asked Lexmark for help? Maybe you should try an older driver? :confused:

I finally obtained an additional internal Hard Disk and was able to erase the old disk and reinstall all the software, including the Lexmark X83 driver and everything worked as advertised.
It wouyld appear that the problem was either a glitch in the OS or the Hard disk.
Fred Dimond

It would appear that I spoke too soon. Even with a new Hard Disk and new OS10.2 software, I am back having Kernel Panic Attacks whenb I try to print with Lexmark X83 driver.
Any solutions ?

Fred Dimond

Just received an early Christmas present from Apple...
The recent OS 10.2.3. update appears to have cured my printing problem with the Lexmark X83

Back