Lexmark Z32 quits printing.

PCSMASHER

Registered
The package deal - a Quicksilver and a Lexmark Z32. Fisrt it will not run under OS X. When I finally got the driver, I could get it to work but it quits often. I mean it does not respond. In the print center it says "Opening printer connection" and then does nothing. The only way I can get it to work is to uninstall and reinstall. Lexmark gives me the bull that it meets all of Apples specs. Does anybody have any solution?

BTW - I do use some classic apps like Freehand 9 and Photoshop 6...could that be some of the problem. When it does its thing though it won't print from anywhere.

I had the same problem with my Z32 as well. I just re-downloaded the drivers and isntalled it again. It's a hassle, but it should eventually work for ya. Also, try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in, that seemed to calm down the thing as well.

I forgot to ask, by chance, is your printer plugged into a USB hub or directly into your computer? Mine didn't like going through a hub until I updated to 10.1.3, then for some reason it didn't have any problems. Good luck bro!

Back