lift songs from one track

gazzerdc

Registered
For those of us over 40, give me a cassette recorder!!!! Here's the problem: I have a cd with ten songs on it. Unfortunately., the person that made the cd just recorded the live show and then sent me the cd, so I have "Track one" that is 55 minutes long. I need to edit this track and "lift" songs from it, to put into a different compilation cd. These don't involve any commercial music or such. It is an archive of a show produced by me and I need four songs from it to promote the show.

If I had a cassette recording vs. a cd, I would simply go to where the song is, start the cassette, set the duplicating on and it would be done. This has me completely perplexed.

All I have is iTunes and iMovie at the moment. A friend suggested QUICKTIME PRO, ( I guess it would work) so I thought I'd write and see if there is a software program out there I need (cheap cheap cheap) that would allow me to "cut and paste" these songs. These tunes need to be able to play on other people's decks, car cds, computers or whatever, so I'm assuming they need to be MP3s or aiffs.

Thanks. ;)

'QuickTime Pro' will allow you export to '.aiff'; but, not to '.mp3'.

If the file format of 'Track one' is supported by 'QuickTime Pro', use such to open the file, and 'export' the file to separate '.aiff' files. To convert the single '.aiff' files to '.mp3' files use mAC3dec (freeware).

If your mac has Sound Studio just drop the audio file into it - and edit.

Sound Studio was being delivered in the OSX software package - and it is available as shareware. It's only one of many options.

Just get a copy of Audacity freeware. You can split the mother-of-all-tracks
into as many real ones as you want. Then drag 'em into iTunes to burn a
new CD.

Back