Limiting Ftp Users In 10.4.1 Server

elSilencio

Registered
My customer is a print house. They used to have a large amount of FTP users in their Xserve.

Due to nature of service customers should not even see each others folders. In 10.3 Server software limiting was very easy to do just simply checking that authenticated users could see FTPRoot and Sharepoints.

In 10.4 it even says in manual that users see each others' folders. How this could be limited since we don't want to use homefolders.

I am having the SAME issue.

I do NOT want my FTP clients to see the other clients folders. How can I limit what the FTP users see? I dont want client A knowing we are also servicing client B.

IE our clients do not need to know who our other clients are, by using the FTP site and seeing all the sharepoints. But I do need regular users to have access to all sharepoints.

Any tips?

I specified the directory I wanted the user to have access to as the user's home directory. I just typed in the full path in the "Home:" section. Then I set the FTP user up in the advanced section to allow the user to see only their home directory + share points.

When the user ftps in, they are put in their "home" directory. The user would have to know the full path to the share points to get to them.

Hope this helps

bihatfield said:
I specified the directory I wanted the user to have access to as the user's home directory. I just typed in the full path in the "Home:" section. Then I set the FTP user up in the advanced section to allow the user to see only their home directory + share points.

When the user ftps in, they are put in their "home" directory. The user would have to know the full path to the share points to get to them.

Hope this helps

The FTP root and share points setting is still there under FTP in Server Admin -->Settings -->Advanced

Then, in Workgroup Manager, make sure you turn FTP off for the Users share point and that solves the issue....

Sourcehound, author of Mac HelpMate http://www.macworkshops.com/machelpmate

Back