Lineage For MAC! Check this out!

BlingBling 3k12

Somewhere... dunno though
Are you a Mac gamer looking for massively multiplayer gaming in a never-ending fantasy world? Do your PC gaming friends run around in online worlds while you watch from the sidelines? Are you sick of listening to them brag about killing mammoth dragons, casting magical spells, or owning their own castles? Want a chance to play side-by-side with PC gamers - explore, adventure, and maybe sneak in a little PvP payback?

Then we've got just the thing you're looking for…

Lineage - the massively multiplayer fantasy game that has taken the world by storm - is coming to Macintosh OS X, and we want you to be there! Beginning Monday, February 4, 2002 at 12:00 PM (noon) Central, Macintosh gaming fans will be able to sign up and participate in the Lineage Macintosh Beta Test. Will you join us?

What is Lineage? Lineage is:
wizards and knights and nimble elves and princes (or princesses!), darkest dragons, deadly dwarves, and ifriti of flame, stone castle spires, foggy swamps, desert chaos and ancient ruins beneath the deepest sea, pledges of honor, alliances of war, and players from around the world - just like you!

This game is hot! An average of 1 of every 3 Koreans play this game!

I've played this game on Windows... it's quite interesting. You get a month free play, so it's worth a look at...

The Good Part... IT'S NOW FOR MAC OS X! Although it's in beta.

This is a definite for any good gamer... i dunno how good it will be for you, but it can get addictive! I can't wait to get my new iMac for this!

http://www.lineage-us.com/mac/mac_home.html

Click that link for info.

Before noon CST today, there was really only one semi-popular massive multiplayer online roll playing game that was available to Mac users. And while I think most games are best played on dedicated consoles, MMORPGs are not one of those types.

These types of games are becoming bigger and bigger on PCs, and if what a person wanted to do with their PC is play these games, they'd buy a PC.

Today when this beta test opened it says to all those consumers that Macintosh - specifically Mac OS X is a platform that these type of game developers develop for.

This isn't just any game - this is THE online game - with the biggest user base in the world for an online game. Now for Mac OS X. :D

I'll see you guys in the Lineage world.

has anyone gotten this to install? i can't get it to install... something about a file attribute error. it says if you've got 'file permission' problems to choose the desktop as the destination folder... but it won't let you.
any ideas?

I ordered the CD-Rom for free with the beta a couple of days ago (Ever tried downloadng 404mb on 56k) :) I can't wait to get it.

I have it and have set up an account. Coming to it from Ultima Online though its a bit of a let down. the characters all look extremely alike, and the new player experience is non existant. NPC's seem to be giving advice that you need two levels from now.

The fact that even the male avatars look extremely effeminate is a bit of a put off as well... you could be forgiven for admiring the male mage's arse before realising he's a guy (and maybe afterwards...). Or oogling the hooters on the male elf (he's really just leaning forward all the time awkwardly). I guess the grahpic style just isnt my cup of tea. I love the world graphics (very fallout), but the characters are dull.

I'll give it a third try on the weekend but so far... its nothing to write home about other than that it works on a mac. Something I daily wish was true for Ultima Online.

Maybe lineage will tide you over till the recently, yet again delayed neverwinter nights ships (now in Summer rather than winter... yes 6 months delayed).

ohh! i have this game on my server. so THATS what it is!

i need to pull this off the hard drive at the office asap!

If you need to install with out the installer its pretty easy. I needed to because i wanted to install on a 60gb ide hd in my old biege g3 (the apple installer said it wouldn't install because it wasn't in the first 8 gig of the drive).

What I did was go to the terminal and copy the .pax.gz from the LIneage 0.13.pkg/Contents/Resources to the directory I wanted to install it in. Then I simply did the following

Code:
% gunzip Lineage 0.13.pax.gz && pax -r -v -f Lineage 0.13.pax

wait a while and you will have ./Applications/Lineage.app in the current directory. I just copied the app from the subdirectory 'Applications' to the directory I originaly wanted it in and deleted 'Applications.'

Ran it and it worked like a charm... very stable for a beta too.

While surfing at the Mac OS X site at Apple.com, I noticed that there is a link to Lineage! Wow! They're getting great promotion! First I saw them in Rolling Stone Magazine and now Apple.com!

Back