Links of the day (the Ulisse of the Bored Surfer)

for anyone who's heard the Bud Lite radio commercials (Real Men of Genius). here are a number of the downloads. I personally like the Taco Salad and the Silent Gas Passer (yes, 1st grade humor still applies to me!)

edit: need to post the link, eh?
http://diis.net/go/?id=media,,budlight

and gor the pengu game, I once got a 456 (no, no steroids involved). closest I've come since is 381. i think it's totally random once you find the 'sweet spot', but who knows. it's good for wasting time!

pigs in tiger blankets :D

can someone translate the caption? I have some mental block when it comes to Italian and always seem to get it wrong.

the motherly instincts of the felines is well known, but the bengalese tiger saimai, who lives in the zoo of sriracha, close to bangkok, is exceptional. she has adopted 4 piglets ... (that text)

Cute little family :)

1.jpg

Love the pig suits, but aren't cats like dogs and see things in monochromatic vision *Black and white*? Maybe it's the striping.
Apple should use this photograph for an ad campaign: More switchers turn to Apple and Tiger! :D

Heh. :D

Cats do see color. Mine are black, and they love me when I wear clean white clothes. Like "I'm a black cat and I can't see my fur on her shirt > I suddenly need to be petted!" but the fur is visible on black clothes too, so no matter what I wear, they need to be sure my clothes are full of fur.

Oh boy did my cat love my iBook ... especially as the black fur was so visible in the white keyboard ...

Seeing fur isn't seeing colors.

Keeping in mind that your cat evolved from hunters, you can understand why his sense of sight is one of his strongest. But cats are generally considered colorblind.

The retina – the nerve center at the back of the eye – contains cells called cones (responsible for converting light into color) and rods (responsible for black and white). In cats, rods greatly outnumber cones.

Theoretically, color perception is possible since the eye contains some cones, but distinguishing color isn’t necessary for cats. Brightness is far more important. He can see in the dimmest of lights; his eyes can open about three times as wide as the human pupil and let in as much light as possible at the normal “hunting” times of dawn and dusk.

Because of the differences between human and cat retinas, the animals can see using one-sixth of the amount of light people need: At night, for example, objects appear six times brighter to a cat than they do to humans, which helps the animals hunt. In addition to better brightness vision, cats can also detect minute movement, which is easily missed by people - another benefit for a hunter.

PetPlace

Back