Linux Moves In On The Desktop

Linux desktop to pass Apple

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/040213/b3871118mz063_1.html

What the heck. I have been reading sun selling thousands of sun java desktop lately and have been kind of concern. What is apple going to do about this. I'd rather work with mac or linux anyday. Is it a cost thing or what? There are way more apps for everyday users for a mac than on linux. I think linux only has good for a computer with a browser and office suite. Mac's is the real OS alternative at work, home, and school. Linux won't have Adobe, Quicktime, macromedia, and iLife !

Apple has to more serious about getting more market share

First, this isn't taking any market share away from Apple. These are PC systems that would either be set up with Windows or Linux (or some form of BSD). This doesn't effect Apple as Apple doesn't provide an OS for PCs.

Apple is a hardware maker. You have to buy Apple's hardware to run Apple's software. Linux runs on existing PCs that already run Windows.

This can only be a plus. If people are looking at Linux then Apple wouldn't be that big a step either... and Apple has more to offer.

The key is for people to start thinking in terms of non-Windows computing.

So, no problem here. Must be a slow news day for Yahoo to be pushing this type of stuff (rattling the cages of Mac users and all).

As long as they're running an OS that doesn't start with W and end with -indows...

Hey, wasn't there another thread on this?

Back