LiveMotion 2.0

Nummi_G4

New Rhapsody User
Does anyone own / used Livemotion 2.0? I saw it at microcenter, it looks great. now it has actionscripting. Flash might loose some users.

It's GREAT. I used LiveMotion 1.0 extensively, and I'm not quite sure of what all is new in LiveMotion 2 but from what I could see, it's lookin' good. The move to OS X appears pretty seamless, although previewing animations inside of LiveMotion is a bit slower than 1.0 ... ie. it's not realtime, no matter what, on an iMac G4 with 256 MB of RAM in OS X. However, you can pretty easily use the Preview In... command to switch it to IE, where it runs at normal speed. Other than that little speed problem, it seems great.

Almost identical. Just a slightly different Document Object Model to HTML. LM 2 supports JavaScript too.

Bernie :eek:)

well... LM1 supports Javascript right? there is a javascript pop-up box where you can add code... but I could never get it to work.

That was javascript when you were exporting to sliced images in auto-generated HTML pages, and it let you write rollover behaviours and event handlers. LM 2's Javascript can be used to controll the Flash swf environment too.

It's really very good.

no... not when exporting to html... I think in something called behaviors. I forgot the name, I have not started up livemotion in a while.

That was just really simple commands like start and stop on buton-presses. Useless for the purpose of developing complex interactive sites. I've made games like minesweeper, pong and noughts&crosses in Livemotion 2, and theres no way that would have been possible in version 1

wow! I cannot wait to get LM2. I think I can get it for $80 bundled with GoLive 6.0 Maybe it is time for an early B-Day present?

In LM1... when ther was a lot of animation... it would do a crappy job exporting to flash, and even the flash file would have laggy animation. I know flash can handle a lot. Did anyone else have this problem? if you did... does LM2 fix that prob? that would be the main reason for me to upgrade.

LiveMotion makes it very easy to make an object that will be exported as a bitmap object. I never found vector graphics slow in LM1 exports, unless I accidentally added an effect to a vector object, changing it to a bitmap. Do you think that might be the problem?

you know what... I think is just my G4/internet explorer. When I have had Photoshop, illustrator, Livemotion and 2 browsers open... the animation in IE slows down. even after I quit all the apps. but after I restart... everything is good to go.

I can imagine:

Code:
/**
 *   Code Block copyright Microsoft Corporation
 *   Internet Explorer 5.1 for Mac OSX
 **/
if (system.appsRunning.manufacturer != 'Microsoft') {
    system.runSlowley();
    system.crashFrequency += 50;
}
include(secret_functions.h)
sendToBigBrother(getUserCreditCardRecords());