location of iCal and Addressbook files?

Tuxer

Registered
Hi,
I need to sync my addressbook and calendar data with my Samsung Galaxy. There's "Kies" for that but it does not work very well - esp. my addressbook got messed up severely. Before I try again, I'd like to save a copy of the (good) files on my iMac. But where are the data files of iCal and Addressbook?
Thanx, Tom

The default archive &/or export would be in 'Documents', however, they are in proprietary format. I do not know of other programs/apps that can read them other than AB/iCal.

Nope, ~/Documents only contains files I put there. I don't care about the format, I just want to save a copy before "Kies" overwrites them.
I suspect somewhere under ~/Library, but I cannot identify the proper files.
Anyone?

In each, to to File-->Export-->and either Archive or Export. Watch where it is going in the save window that pops up. Mine goes to Documents.

In each, to to File-->Export-->and either Archive or Export. Watch where it is going in the save window that pops up. Mine goes to Documents.

Ah great. That works. Thanx
I found the actual Addressbook files under ~/Library/Application Support/Address Book/
iCal files still missing.

"iCal files still missing."

THAT's why I said to watch the window to see where it is being saved. Just do it again, but watch where it is saved to.

SGilbert - the OP is looking for where the data files are kept under normal usage, not where his export is being saved.

Tuxer - There is a folder labeled Calendars in the Home>Library folder. Also look at the Home>Library>Saved Application State> com.apple.iCal.savedState folder.

Cheryl & Tuxer,

Cheryl's suggestion of 'Saved Application State' does not exist on my Mac (10.6.8).

My suggestion was meant to create a backup that you can use to save your files.

Back