Logging in as root user in 10.3.9

Incubated Funk

Registered
Hi guys

A friend of mine recently had some login problems which prompted me to question what i would do in their situation.

Ive set up a master password and enabled "root" user login. I however am the only user of my mac and i admin my user account so i have osx set so i get a list of users at login.

Being the only user, i only have one user account and only my name comes up where i enter my password at login. Other than switching from "list of users" to "name and password" in the "display login window" section under "system prefs -> Accounts -> Login options" how can i get the option of logging in as another user at startup? I presume there is a key(s) to press during boot for this but under 10.2 im sure i had my name and "other" in the list of users....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help

Ive sorted thios problem now after a lot of searching on the net and some trial and error.

It seems that on the list of users at login, pressing the left arrow key then command + Return expands the screen to give you user and password entry options.

Ive sorted thios problem now after a lot of searching on the net and some trial and error.

It seems that on the list of users at login, pressing the left arrow key then command + Return expands the screen to give you user and password entry options.

Back