Logging In

Hughvane

Registered
When I log in, User Name is duplicated beside and within the text field. It would be very helpful not to have to click within the text field to remover the text that's there. Okay, I know it's just a click away, but it's unnecessary. What about a flashing cursor in the field instead?

When I log in (Tiger) the flashing cursor is already in the text field and I'm only required to type my password .... are you using Leopard? Is the duped User Name highlighted? It'd be easier if it was so you could just type straight away to replace what's already there ...

I can't speak for Leopard but in the User Account Log in Options, you can choose to "Display Login Window As:" List of users OR Name and password. You can also set it so that you Automatically log into your account too.

Somehow I get the feeling I've misunderstood your post Hughvane .... or this is a Leopard thing.

When I log in (Tiger) the flashing cursor is already in the text field and I'm only required to type my password .... are you using Leopard?

No, Tiger.

Is the duped User Name highlighted?

No. User Name is in grey text to the left of the field, and User Name is also inside the field in black text. I click inside the field and the black text disappears.

It'd be easier if it was so you could just type straight away to replace what's already there

I'll second that! It's what I'm asking for.

in the User Account Log in Options, you can choose to "Display Login Window As:" List of users OR Name and password. You can also set it so that you Automatically log into your account too.

Now this has got me bamboozled, sorry. I've opened both my Ctrl Panel and My Account in separate tabs, and in neither can I find what you're referring to, I've even used the Find function of Firefox to look for it.

Thanks for your input, the Login thing is not a major issue, simply a useful convenience ;)

Last edited:
Hughvane, I use the "New Posts" feature and rarely check to see which forum the thread is in.

Normally, this isn't an issue but in your case I misinterpreted the term *log in* and presumed you were referring to your Mac, hence your bamboozlement ....

Duh .... !!
::sleepy::

Back