Logic Express 8

Map7

Registered
Hi, as a first time Mac User I bought Logic Express 8 as a replacement for the Cakewalk Home Studio software I've been using on PC for about 10 years.

I have 3 external MIDI instruments set up via a TAPCO 4x4 MIDI interface (just updated to the 2.4 firmware). My question is this. How can I get LE 8 to access the names of all the patches on my external instruments? I can get the GM sound banks all right but I'm frustrated because it was all so easy on Cakewalk.

My external instruments are a bit old, but none are unheard of, specifically:

Roland E500 (Even if someone could help me find the generic Roland GS soundbanks it would be a start!).

Alesis Nano synth ( I nearly found an "environment" for this on the internet but it required LE 7 and I'm running 8. Doh!)

Boss Dr Rhythm DR 770 drum machine.

I phoned Apple support but was not best pleased because the best they could offer was to tell me to partition my disk and reinstall LE 8 on a fresh partition. That all sounds rather complicated.

PLEASE could someone help? I've even tried the Logic forums on Apple's support site but that's no good either.

Thanks,

Mark

PS Apart from this issue I am really enjoying using Mac OS X for the first time. So much better than Windows XP! :)

Back